We have our own domain now!

Please visit bestcatcareproducts.com and update your bookmarks!

Thursday, December 6, 2007

Swheat Scoop Natural Wheat Cat Litter

The clay litter makes me sick, and silica will irritate my lungs and so I'm left with natural alternatives to traditional cat litter. Which works for me since I like the smell of the stuff much better.

I'm currently using Swheat Scoop Natural Wheat Litteras my cat litter. Swheat Scoopis made out of wheat, so if you have an allergy to wheat, then this litter will obviously not work for you.

I really like it for its practically dust free nature. My cat no longer leaves little dusty pawprints everywhere.

It covers odors really well. But you have to follow the directions. It says to scoop twice a day as well as to have at least 3 inches in the litter box. I have maybe about 2 inches and so my cat will dig until he's reached the bottom of the box and then he relieves himself. This does cause this litter to turn into a mushy pile at the bottom of the box as others have noted about this litter. But if my cat doesn't dig all the way to the bottom, then the clumps are well formed and tight. Not as tight as clay, but tight enough.

I think out of all the litters I've tried, he likes this one the best. Swheat Scoop has small grains and so it is easy for the cat to pick it up on it's way out of the box. But they seem dense enough to fall off with a few steps. I only see tracking a few steps away from the box.

Considering that it covers odors really well, it smells good, and it's practically dust free, I can live with the mushiness at the bottom when my cat decides to dig all the way down and the little bit of tracking it has. Overall, it's a good litter that I would recommend to people and cats without wheat allergies.

As a side note, for rabbits that are litter box trained, this would probably work really well too.

2 comments:

Hot(M)BC said...

Comically enough, it's my cat Mini who's sensitive to wheat. Wouldn't work for her. Have heard great things about it, though.
Thanks for joining CotC this week!
Robyn

Queen Snickers, Empress and Princess Renna said...

Hmmmm we hate clay litter dust at our house and momma is allergic to the paper liter, maybe we will check this out! ~Queen Snickers