We have our own domain now!

Please visit bestcatcareproducts.com and update your bookmarks!

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Booda Dome with Cleanstep Cat Litter Box

The Booda Dome with Cleanstep, Iriscat litter box really works. My cat is a big cat! Even the vet was surprised at his size. So I needed a big box for him. Well the Booda Dome with Cleanstepworks great! It's round so he can turn around with ease. And with the step leading up to the box, it really does cut down on tracking (which I hate!).

I've previously used rectangular boxes and the hooded boxes, but tracking would be a nightmare! With this litter box, it looks decent enough, it covers the unsightly litter, keeps the dust inside the box, and cuts down on tracking. My cat does use the stairs when entering and exiting which helps.

I have read reviews that say the tracking is no better because the cat simply jumps in and out instead of using the ramp with the stairs.

For me, a combined solution cuts down drastically on the amount of litter tracked around my house. And that is to use one of those tracking mats. The mat that worked for me is the Petmate Litter Catcher Mat Large.It all depends on your cat and what he/she likes to feel under his/her paws . . . This litter catcher mat has holes to catch the litter and it's made with this soft plasticy material that doesn't feel bad, well to me it doesn't feel bad.

When I first bought this mat, I was thinking it would be a nightmare to clean as it looks like the litter will just settle into the spaces in between the rubber mesh, but as it turns out, it's fairly easy to clean. A simple vacuum will suffice in between the larger cleanups. For the larger cleanups, all I need to do is pick it up and shake and all the litter falls out. If there is dirt other than loose litter, a simple hosing will do.

I bought the large one so it covers more area. Whatever litter makes it out of the Booda Dome falls onto this mat and now the carpet around my cat's box is much nicer looking without all the specks of cat litter that used to be there.

No comments: